Monday, June 7, 2010

Shoulda bought a boat.

Excited to break into this car.

It's the only car I've owned that seems to reward me for spending time with it. Only one where I feel better on the way back home than the way out to see it. Only one that leaves me better than it found me, so to speak.

So on Sunday I eagerly drove out, hoping to finish cleaning the interior, remove the front struts and install my new M3 camber plates.

12:42 am:

Connect battery.
   Start engine, perform Austin Powers homage to move car sideways
       open (powered)windows
          open (powered)sunroof
             disconnect battery

                remove center console (no thanks to you, bolt from hell!)



















Stopped for a small amount of nicotine refreshment...






Rain. 
Fuck.
Fuck. Rain.


    Fuck rain. 

                              Reconnect battery
                        Windows won't work. ?
                    Sunroof won't work.
                  Reconnect computer?
              Reconnect stereo?
          Reconnect heated seat switches.... really?
      REALLY?

(Ok fine then BMW run the power window switch harness from the heated seat harness, see if I care.)


 Stare hatefully at the sky,  longingly at car.


     Work on the engine instead, under the shelter of the garage.



The best part? What happened 3 blocks away on the way home:


 Sometimes I think the sun is trying to get me killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment